Virtual Workshop Schedule
Click each workshop title for a description, the specific time, trainer and CEU credits. All workshops will be on the Zoom platform. The Zoom link will be emailed prior to the workshop for registered participants.
The Marijuana Awareness Education Course - February 23, 2021
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
This interactive workshop is a revised version of the Marijuana Awareness Education Course (MAEC) and walks the participants through various subjects related to marijuana. Subjects include social norms and values of marijuana, marijuana myths, possible negative health consequences and resources on recovery. MAEC was developed as an education course for those needing a court mandated awareness workshop but the information is of value to anyone wanting to learn more about the facts and science behind marijuana.
Gyna Juarez is an Advance Certified Prevention Specialist (ACPS) and is the PRC Senior Director with the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Awareness (SACADA). Gyna has been with SACADA since 2004 and in 2011, became a Texas Prevention Trainer, educating prevention specialist all over Texas on Prevention Ethics, Advance Prevention Ethics and the Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST). Gyna is also a part-time adjunct faculty with San Antonio College teaching DAAC 2306 (SA Prevention I) and DAAC 2353 (SA Prevention II) with the Human Service Department. In 2020, Gyna was awarded the Texas Prevention Professional of the Year from the Texas Association of Addiction Professionals.
- YOU MAY ONLY REGISTER ONCE. So please select all of the workshops you wish to attend the first time before completing the registration process.
- Read through the complete list of workshop offerings and choose the workshops you would like to attend. Please be sure and check your calendar availability for each date and time.
- Once your workshop selection is complete, click “submit.” Please note that once you click “submit” you are no longer able to make changes to your workshop selections.
- Upon submission, you will be asked to select your payment option. Once you pay you are REGISTERED! You will receive an email to confirm your registration. This email will NOT contain specific workshop information, so mark your calendar prior to paying.
- THE DAY PRIOR to each scheduled workshop, you will receive an email with the Zoom login information and any necessary handouts.
- When the workshop is completed and attendance is verified, you will receive an email with a link to the evaluation.
- Once the evaluation is completed and submitted, you will receive your 3 hour CE certificate within two weeks.